Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Amy finale

"Edmond speaking, who's this?" The voice on the other end of the line said, "It's Amy, I got your number from my mother, she told me that you are my birth father, but you disapeared before I was born." Amy replied keepign her voice calm though she felt nervous on the inside. "Amy? I'm sorry but I don't think I have any children, I think you have the wrong number." Edmond replied, "No, I know I have the right number, my mom, gave me your number herself," Amy replied, "Who is your mother?" Edmond asked, Amy told him the name of her birth mother and Edmond was quiet for a moment before replying, "But she never told me that she was pregnant, and last time I saw her, she didn't mention anything about you." Amy replied, "That's probably because when you last saw her, I was living with my adoptive parents." Amy explained, "Your birth mother put you up for adoption, that's right, I do recall her, mentioning something about wanting to put you up for adoption, she said that she needed my signature on something or another, but so many things has happened in my life that I forgot all about that." Edmond replied, "Oh, well I didn't know that the papers she wanted me to sign were adoption papers at the time." Edmond explained, "It doesn't matter now anyway," Amy replied, "But if you knew that my mom was pregnant with me and wanted to give me up for adoption, would you have stepped in and taken me in, instead of sending me to live with strangers?" Amy asked, "Well truth be told, your mother did tell me that she was pregnant with you and that she wanted to put you up for adoption, and sense I wasn't making that much money, I agreed that putting you up for adoption would be best." Edmond finally admitted, this made Amy sadder than ever, and she cut the conversation short, vowing never to speak to her birth father again. She would be content with her mother, whom she had forgiven for giving her up for adoption all those years before, because she truly beleived that her mother was only looking out for her best interest when she put her up for adoption.

The end

No comments:

Post a Comment